The annual Australian Universities Rugby League (AURL) Interstate Challenge match between NSW Universities and Queensland Universities will be played at Langlands Park, Brisbane (see map) on Sat 11 May 2019 – 12:00pm KO.
The match will serve as the primary selection trial for the AURL Representative Team that will undertake a self-funded 4 match tour to South Pacific mid October 2019. TBC
Expressions of interest are now invited from players wishing to be considered for selection in the 2019 NSW Universities team.
Applicants need to be aware of the following requirements:
– Student eligibility is as determined by Australian University Sport (AUS) Selection Criteria By Laws:
- Player must be enrolled and currently proceeding in a course of study at university, TAFE, tertiary institution or recognised college;
- Upon selection he will be required to provide proof of (1) above for AUS acceptance; and
- He must remain compliant to (1) above for the duration of his selection commitment.
– Participation in the NSW Universities team is on a self-funded basis and all players expressing an interest must be prepared to commit to attending a training camp to be held in Qld from 9th of May and return after game Sunday 12th 2019 and pay a levy of $1150 in full by Thursday 2nd of May 2019.
– In addition, in the event that the player is subsequently selected in the AURL team, he must also be prepared to commit to tour to South Pacific with that team from mid October 2019 TBC and pay a participation levy of TBC.
– As this a paper selection process, the successful applicants will be notified on Friday, 5th of April.
If meet the requirements and would like to apply, please form out the form below.
Online applications closes 5:00pm 31st of March 2019.