|In 2012 the NSW Universities team will play QLD Universities in the annual Universities Interstate Challenge match at St Marys Stadium on Saturday 6 October 2012.
The 2013 Australian Universities World Cup representative train-on squad will be chosen after this match and accordingly a number of conditions apply to any player interested in trialing for the NSW Universities team. These requirements are outlined below and it is important all nominees are prepared to accept them before making application .
Registrations close Friday 13th July 2012.
To be eligible for the NSW Universities side, and ultimately the AURL World Cup Squad, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be enrolled and currently proceeding in a course of study at a University, TAFE, Tertiary Institution or recognised College or be an ex-student of any of the eligible institutions and have graduated for less than 12 months.
- Note "currently proceeding" includes the fact that the player is not deferred from his course of study at the time eligibility is required to be met and means he attends any of the eligible Tertiary Institutions for a minimum of eight hours per week for a minimum of one year.
- The student is playing for a current Rugby League club either in the NSW Tertiary Student Rugby League, any affiliated NSWRL competition, Country Rugby League Senior competition, Bunderberg Red Cup, Toyota Cup or VB NSW Cup.
Important dates and matters to take note if you are considering registering your interest for this team:
- The NSW Vs Qld match is the only selection trial for selection in the 2013 Australian Universities World Cup Squad and all players selected for either state team must be available for selection in the AURL squad. As with the State rep teams, selection is on a user pays basis. Full details of the cost of participation in the AURL team and other requirements are as follows:
- You must also download the Australian Universities Rugby League
Australian Team Trial Requirements, which must be filled out in complete and given to the AURL representative at the trial before trialling for NSW, click the link below for the forms.
It is important that you consider the programme dates and conditions carefully and advise your current club/employer/place of study of your intentions to seek an opportunity to represent your state and possibly Australia to avoid any problems with your availability on the nominated dates.
It is hoped your club, institute of study and/or employer will support your desire to play representative Rugby League.
It is necessary to register your interest to play for NSW in the selection trials.
Registrations are now closed for 2012!
Check back here is 2013.
Click here for the Australian Universities Rugby League Team Trial Requirements.
If you have any further enquiries please contact Bob Lennox on 0412 281 204 or alternatively email email@example.com