In 2015 the NSW Universities team will play QLD Universities in the annual Universities Interstate Challenge match at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday 2 May 2015.
The 2015 Australian Universities Rugby League train-on squad will be chosen after this match and accordingly a number of conditions apply to any player interested in trialing for the NSW Universities team. These requirements are outlined below and it is important all nominees are prepared to accept them before making application.
Registrations close Friday 13 March 2015.
To be eligible for the NSW Universities side, and ultimately the AURL World Cup Squad, you must satisfy the following criteria:
– Be enrolled and currently proceeding in a course of study at a University, TAFE, Tertiary Institution or recognised College or be an ex-student of any of the eligible institutions and have graduated for less than 12 months.
– Note “currently proceeding” includes the fact that the player is not deferred from his course of study at the time eligibility is required to be met and means he attends any of the eligible
– Tertiary Institutions for a minimum of eight hours per week for a minimum of one year.The student is playing for a current Rugby League club either in the NSW Tertiary Student Rugby League, any affiliated NSWRL competition, Country Rugby League Senior competition, Ron Massey Cup, Toyota Cup or VB NSW Cup.
Important dates and matters to take note if you are considering registering your interest for this team:
– The trial for NSW Universities side to play Queensland will be held on Sunday 15 March 2015, 9am – 12pm at TG Milner Field (Top Oval), Vimiera Rd, Marsfield (Google Maps). It is compulsory for all players to attend this trial;
– The players selected for the NSW Universities team will play the Qld Universities team at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday 2 May 2015. The squad will be required to go into a pre-match training camp from the morning of Thursday 30 April until evening of 2 May 2015.
– Selection in the NSW Universities team is on a user pays basis and the cost for participation is $690 (includes cost of apparel, training camp accommodation & meals, insurance, etc);
– The NSW Vs Qld match is the only selection trial for selection in the 2015 Australian Universities Squad to tour overseas at the end of the season, dates to be confirmed and all players selected for either state team must be available for selection in the AURL squad. As with the State rep teams, selection is on a user pays basis, the costs in this regard still to be determined and will be advised shortly;
– You will be emailed an Australian Universities Rugby League Australian Team Trial Requirements form, which must be completed and given to the AURL representative at the NSW team trial, click the link below for the forms.
It is important that you consider the programme dates and conditions carefully and advise your current club/employer/place of study of your intentions to seek an opportunity to represent your state and possibly Australia to avoid any problems with your availability on the nominated dates.
It is hoped your club, institute of study and/or employer will support your desire to play representative Rugby League.
It is necessary to register your interest to play for NSW in the selection trials.
The 2015 registrations are now close, please follow us on Facebook for next year’s trial announcement.
If you have any further enquiries please contact Bob Lennox on 0412 281 204 or alternatively email [email protected]